Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reflections

My first Fox Day (note the large stomach)


Originally when I heard rumors about what this class was about, photographing the elderly and memory?, I was a little confused as to what we would actually be doing.  I also wondered what the community engagement aspect of the class would entail and what we would be doing for four hours.  After the first class I was intrigued by the aspects of psychology that were presented.  The combination of two very different fields was interesting because it is difficult to understand how the two will mesh.  I wasn't thinking of photography as a way to preserve memory.  I think the interactions with the Mayflower residents should be informative and I am looking forward to getting to know them.  If anything, I am nervous about being able to connect with someone that I have never met before and under these somewhat bizarre circumstances.  I am looking forward to learning more about how the brain works in relation to memory and images.  I am nervous about the group presentation because I am not the most outspoken person and have had difficulty in leading discussions in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment