Sunday, September 26, 2010

Artist Book brainstorm

So far I am thinking of focusing on shared memory.  I might organize the book where one photo that is meaningful to me and then see what branches out from that photo.  The branches could be other images related to that photo or other people's reaction/interpretation of the original photo.  It would be interesting to see how the final image has changed from the original.  Each page would have a different original photo with branches coming out of it.  Maybe I would post an image to be the starting image and then have people react to it verbally and then I would interpret those words with photos.  I might use photos that I take or use the internet's resources.
      To organize the different branches I was thinking of having the original photo on the main page and then have attached paper that can be folded out from the main page.  It would pop out like a string of photos like people keep in their wallets of their family members. 
   I'm also interesting in the idea that repeated memory become almost mythical.  I am thinking of taking a narrative image and then repeating it throughout the book and see how it changes.  It could be an everyday photo of people sitting around and it could change to an epic battle.  Or there could be different versions of the story at the end.

1 comment:

  1. Whoops, I read your other post as having to do with the intention for your project! But still here, you do speak of shared memory as well. I'd encourage you to think about possibly focusing on the issues you brought up in your other post. I do think that the branch motif could work well as a visual unifier - and think playing around with the format/presentation as you mention could be quite effective.

    ReplyDelete